Top Menu

Funnel Cake

Who doesn't like Funnel Cake?  Just the smell of it at the carnival makes me justify the long line and price with the smell and taste of it.  Funnel Cake is a fried dough topped with powdered sugar and strawberry preserves (sauce).

I was craving of Funnel Cake since Thanksgiving.  Last month along the way to the grocery, I saw a church function with the sign' Funnel Cake'.  Hallelujah! Immediately, I made a U-turn and bought one.  $5 each, the cake was overflowing the plate. 


Last night for whatever reason, my husband and I were carving for Funnel Cake so I decided to make one.  The recipe is similar like the dough for Fried Banana.

1 egg and 1 C milk.  Beat them together with whisk.
Mix 2 T sugar, 1-1/4 C flour, 1/4 t salt and 1 t baking powder.
Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix with spatula.
Pour dough in the ziplock bag and snip the corner.
Heat up oil to deep fry.
Squeeze a continuous zigzag motion horizontally and vertically onto the heated oil.
Deep fry for about 2-3 minutes each side.
Sprinkle some powdered sugar on the Funnel Cake.
Add strawberry preserves if you will.

You can add plantain banana to the dough and deep fry it.  Or, serve the funnel cake with Dole banana  topper.  They are equally delicious.

Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment