My daughter is 6 month old today, I already plan for her 1st Birthday. She likes looking at the picture of a cow with a red barn behind her rocking chair. I know that would be perfect theme for her 1st birthday. Instead of the a bunch of animals having a blast in a barn, I want to take them up for a hot air balloon ride. Here is sketch her birthday cake.
To make this HOT AIR balloon cake assembly, you'll need:
- 2 or 3 layer of basket-weave cakes - 9" would be ideal. You may substitute the cake with dummy cake. You can do the basket-weave with icing or fondant. If you like shortcut, use a real basket; put foam or cabbage inside as a base to stick your cake-pops
|Instruction to make basket-weave|
|Different style of basket-weave|
- Animal character cake-pops
|Let's invite more friends ...here are Barnyard extended friends|
- latex balloon - 17", or any light weight ball to resemble baloon
- ribbon or stick to hold the balloon
|approx. $ 9.99 per 25|
|approx. $ 3.99 per set|
|you can even make your own farm animal balloon|
- 2 different size boxes wrapped with hay-pattern paper, or use real hay straws.
- some cupcakes decorated with hay pattern icing - use 'grass' tip # 133.
- cow print balloons, or a set of farm animal balloons - regular size
- solid color latex balloons - regular size. I prefer blue and white to assemble clouds in the sky
- picnic blanket / throw to put your party favors or baskets
- streamer with wordings: '(kid's name) 1st BARNDAY' - optional
- strawberry jelly or chocolate dipping in baby food jar
- strawberry in a aluminum bucket
- sandwiches in a picnic basket
- strawberry lemonade. or non-alcoholic sangria
- sangria wine for adult
dress your kid with farm outfit, such as checkered outfit, jeans and hat, develop it in 4"x6" and you make your invitation a keeper.
Now you are ready to have your BARNYARD BASH. Remember to take some pictures for me.