|Yummy and Beautiful Kelepon, picture credit to Vie-08.|
It is very hard to make, especially with the 'traditional' recipe (without potato) ... my Kelepon uses a twisted recipe with potato. It tastes better (I think) and the dough is easier to handle. One more, it is still moist the next day.
2 pounds steam potato, mashed
250 gr Tapioka starch
1/4 t salt
7 T Pandan water
2 T Slaked Lime water
100 gr Palm Sugar, shred
1 C shred coconut, steam with 1/4 t salt
- Boil water
- Mix by hand mashed potato, Tapioka starch and salt
- Add Pandan and Slaked Lime water
- Keep on mixing until the dough is mixed well
- Make a ball about 1 inch diameter, then flattened
- Put some Palm sugar and close the dough to form a ball
- Toss it into the boiling water
- Continue until you finish with all the dough
- The ball is ready when it floats. Pick with fork and drain the water. Try not to poke the ball like I did.
- Roll ball into shred coconut
Here is my Kelepon picture. It is just perfect to consume but does not have the 'yummy' presentation at all. You'll be the judge.
|I failed to keep the sugar palm within the balls.|