Top Menu

Tres Leches with tropical surprises

Last week I threw a little get-together party at the park.  I cooked 5 authentic Indonesian dishes: Paradise salad with peanut sauce and topped with prawn crackers, Spicy beef in coconut gravy, yellow rice, fried scrambled eggs and Sweet spicy BBQ chicken.  It was a lot of work but well-worth it.  When it come to dessert, I couldn't decide what to make.  So many choices to choose from.   At last, I decided to make 'Tropicana Tres Leches' on the go.  I modified the original recipe as always to make it more island flavor.


Bake:
24 cupcakes from white or yellow cake mix

For the milk sauce, combined the following ingredients and whisk by hand:
1 Cup of evaporated milk
1/2 Cup of sweetened condensed milk.  I think 1 Cup is way too much and too sweet.
1 Cup of whipped cream or whole milk
You may add a pinch of cinnamon powder if you like.

Poke many holes on the cupcakes and pour the milk sauce. 
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  If you have extra sauce at this point, pour some more... you'll thank me after you taste the cake :)


Top with whipped vanilla frosting, whipped cream or frozen whipping cream.  I will top it with ice cream if I have it at that moment.

I sprinkled some tropical fruits: mango and kiwi in between the cupcake and the whipped cream for a sweet surprise.

Looks like packaging from Starbuck.

I called mine 'Tropicana Tres Leches' on the go because I put the cake in a cup.  You can grab it and take it to go.

Anyway, the get-together was fun and we finished all the dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment